Two weeks until Young Eagles Rally 3 OCT

As of last Saturday night, I am excited to report we already have 10 signed up for YE rides! (I get a daily report from EAA) Ages 8-17 is the only requirement. If you have ridden before bring your log book for additional entries. If you misplaced it we will have new one for you. Spread the word through church, clubs or classes at school. IT’s FREE!!!!! Fingers crossed for great WX October 3rd! Other news: Last week the BMG airport had a show and tell about the progress of airport upgrades and future plans for continued improvements including artist rendering of the new terminal building. I only stopped for a few minutes before I flew out to the monthly meeting of the Indiana Wing of the Commemorative Air Force (CAF). It looks like the 6-24 runway will be shortened slightly and narrowed from 100’ wide to 60’. I sure hope they can get an arborist to do some logging to clear the approach for runway 06 and reinstall the PAPI for visual glideslope. In the good news,17-35 will be lengthened to allow bigger equipment to transit BMG. I mentioned the monthly CAF meeting, something we have an upcoming next month…... Wings of Valor! The Indiana Wing of the CAF is putting on a unique and interesting event Oct. 10th at Sheridan Airport (5I4) in Sheridan, Indiana, called "Wings of Valor". Basically you become a WWII Cadet. They will have the Stearman, PT-26, BT-13, T-6 and C-45 there, a perfect lineup of WWII Trainers. Ground training on each airplane will be available, walk-arounds, and flights. This link has all the times, events, and registration. https://wingsofvalor.indianawingcaf.org/ For pilots and non-pilots (aka enthusiasts) alike! If you want to bring a youth along with your registration, contact Nick for special pricing. I’ll have the BT-13 there for training as well! Tim Sparks EAA 650 VP YE Coordinator

Popular posts from this blog

YE Rally Debrief and Chapter news

Second Annual Football Chili Fest