Fun StuffSage Advice for FlyersAuthors UnknownHistoric illustration credits and appreciationgo to Gil Walker Flying Rules to Live By1. Try to stay in the middle of the air.2. Do not go near the edges of it.3. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there.4. The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Shit".
5.Weather forecasts are horoscopes with numbers.
6. Progress in airline flying: Now a flight attendant can get a pilot pregnant.7, Airspeed, altitude or brains: Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight. 8. A smooth landing is mostly luck; two in a row is all luck; three in a row is prevarication.9.I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.10.We have a perfect record in aviation: we never left one up there! 11.If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter - and unsafe.12. Flashlights are tubular metal containers kept in a flight bag for the purpose of storing dead batteries. 13. Navy carrier pilots to Air Force pilots: Flaring is like squatting to pee.14. Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding it.15.What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots? If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies; If ATC screws up, the pilot dies.16.If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to. Notable Quotes
1. When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten. - Robert Livingston, "Flying The Aeronca"
2. Just remember, if you crash because of weather, your funeral will be held on a sunny day. - Layton A. Bennett
3. Never fly the 'A' model of anything. - Ed Thompson
4. When a prang seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity, as slowly and gently as possible. - Advice given to RAF pilots during W.W.II.
5. The Cub is the safest airplane in the world; it can just barely kill you. - Attributed to Max Stanley, Northrop test pilot
6. A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. - Jon McBride, astronaut7. If you're faced with a forced landing, fly the thing as far into the crash as possible. - Bob Hoover
8. If an airplane is still in one piece, don't cheat on it; Ride the bastard down. - Ernest K. Gann, advice from the 'old pelican'
9. Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I Am 80,000 Feet and Climbing. - Sign over the entrance to the SR-71 operating location on Kadena 10. You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3. - Paul F. Crickmore 11. Never fly in the same cockpit with someone braver than you. - Richard Herman, Jr., 'Firebreak'12. There is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime. - Sign over squadron ops desk at Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ, 1970. (It was still there in 1972.) 13.The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Author Unknown
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
Sunday, February 22, 2015
Fwd: Sage Advice for flyers.
All The Saturday morning breakfast we had was a resounding success. The eggs to order, the bacon fried crispy, the fruit garnish,...
Begin forwarded message: From: email@example.com Subject: British Imperial Airways 1930's Date...
MEN AND BOYS ALL HAVE THEIR TOYS. These shots are fun. Boys will be boys. < poetry Y...
1991 by Kent Ballard Recently, there was a titanic air show at Genessee , New York . This "gathering of eagles" broug...